This is scary...

But at least it's not from government!

scary2

Last night, with millions of others, I gleefully updated my iPhone 3G with the latest 3.0 software, featuring the long awaited Spotlight, Copy/Paste, MMS, Tethering and FindMyiPhone (MobileMe required) features. While many of these are underwhelming (and yes, wait a minute, this is NOT a tech blog)- the FindMyiPhone feature is particularly scary.

Of course unless you're the epitome of naive, you know that cellular phone signals can be tracked anywhere, for the most part- but to show me and map it in Google Maps lends a new and chilling ease to the invasion. I wouldn't be so fussed, as through MobileMe, only I can really access this feature- however the software showed me where I was BEFORE I updated my iPhone last night (on the Euston Road, as above) even though Apple informed me this was not possible as the functionality was not enabled on the previous iPhone 3G software.

So basically... then always have known where I am. It's probably time to stop visiting those bordellos.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories